OSIM Mentors programs Target Group
OSIM Mentors target children and youth aged 12-35 years, both in school and out of school. The content is tailor-made to the age and capabilities of the beneficiaries. In the process, we also target the parents and guardians.
Information and skills under this area include::
- Turning passion and talents into income-generating activities.
- Identifying profitable business ideas
- Writing a business plan.
- Identifying and accessing sources of business funding.
- Business registration and branding.
- Preparing for job interviews
Life Skills Training
We have identified critical life skills that are relevant and significant to the youth in navigating the different transitional stages, these include:
- Emotional intelligence (self-awareness,
Self-regulation, empathy, motivation,
- Communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Decision making skills
- Responsible use of the internet and social media.
Alcohol and Drug Abuse
Information and skills under this area include:
- Factors pushing and pulling one to alcohol and drug abuse.
- Effects and consequences of substance abuse on the individual, family, and nation at large.
- Signs and symptoms of substance abuse.
- How to say NO to alcohol and drug abuse.
- How to help someone to quit addiction
Where to seek for help.